职场社交英语 Lesson 66:我现在是自由工作者

职场社交英语 Lesson 66:我现在是自由工作者

职场社交英语 Lesson 66:我现在是自由工作者

SCENE② C 四个半月后 玛莉巧遇戴夫

【我现在是自由工作者】

Dave: Yeah. You don"t need to rub it in.

戴夫: 是啊。不劳你落井下石了。

Mary: And then she 1) made the deal with MicroPower. Vince wanted to sell for fifteen million...

玛莉: 然后她跟“微力”谈妥了条件。文斯本想用一千五百万卖掉的……

Dave: Fifteen? And Zina pushed them up to seventy-five?

戴夫: 一千五百万?而吉娜逼他们出到了七千五百万?

Mary: That"s right. Vince still stops by her office every day to thank her.

玛莉: 没错。文斯到现在都还每天经过她的办公室,跟她道谢呢。

Dave: Anyway, I"m still happy I left. I"m working as a 2) freelancer now.

戴夫: 不管怎样,我还是很高兴我离开了。我现在是自由工作者。

Mary: You really should have stayed with us, Dave.

玛莉: 你当初真该留下跟我们一道的,戴夫。

语言详解:

A: Who do you work for?

你帮谁工作?

B: No one. I"m a freelancer.

没有谁。我是自由工作者。

【rub it in 落井下石】

rub it in 的这个动作就像是一抹再抹,越抹越进去的感觉,而这个片语在使用上,就是“落井下石”的意思,明明人家已经很惨了,却还要打落水狗,在伤口上撒盐。

A: So, your sister beat you in bowling!

所以你妹妹打保龄球赢了你!

B: Stop rubbing it in, OK?

别落井下石了,好吗?

A: Didn"t I tell you over and over again she doesn"t like you?

我不是一再告诉你她不喜欢你吗?

B: You don"t have to rub it in.

你不用落井下石嘛。

1) deal (n.) 交易;make a deal with...与……交易

2) freelancer (n.) 自由工作者

首页